Church History

The Vienna United Methodist Church was formed in 1849 (as The Vienna Episcopal Methodist Church). Since then, it has been housed in three different buildings, the most recent being the current location at 313 Church St., erected in 1907.

The mission of the Vienna United Methodist Church is to make disciples for Jesus Christ, to nurture our membership in the development of spiritual maturity, and to minister to the needs of the people in our community. Since 1849, this church has been fulfilling that mission, sending people into full time Christian service as well as providing avenues for people to serve God locally. It is a growing church, where members understand that the church is not the building but the people who come together in the love of Christ.

The Vienna United Methodist Church is a warm, loving and growing congregation which opens its arms not only to those who already know Christ, but to anyone who is seeking peace and wholeness for their lives.


©2017, Bluewater iNet Group, LLC